Monday, March 26, 2012

Reasons and Jazz.

Oh hello internet. My name is Laina.
For me running the Peachtree is more of a weight loss/ fitness journey.When I graduated high school in 2009 I was 190lbs (clearly I also had a bad hair cut). I hadn't realized how big I had gotten. I didn't own a scale and no one ever called me fat so I was able to ignore it. One day I weighted myself at a friends house and I was essentially in disbelief that I could be so close to 200lbs. I decided that I had to do something about this and I began my very slow weight loss journey. I didn't do anything crazy. I just tried to eat less and did what ever exercise I could do. I ran, I did weight training, got on the elliptical, took my dog for a walk, whatever. 


It took 3 years but I'm officially down to 140 (that's 50lbs guys)! I'm still going too! I like to set little goals for myself so my goal is to be 130lbs by the race. 
Also I want to prove to myself that this is something I can do. Now I'm trying to be fit not just thin.

Bye Internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment