Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Countdown Begins..

2 more weeks! Ahh! I'm not entirely sure how that number keeps getting so freaking small..

I've been making myself pretty addicted to training lately, even though my calf has been really bothering me. I ran 4.25 miles on Monday, did a 2 mile or so hike yesterday, going to back to my school to use the treadmills Thursday for a long run, and then hills training on Friday to get ready for Cardiac Hill. So far its been a good system for keeping myself on track - setting a plan way ahead of time for what I'm doing certain days, and when my off days are.

I still don't think I'm totally ready, but I'm feeling a lot more confident about the race now. My dad and I drove the course so I could get a feel for the elevations and all, and it's not as bad as I was expecting.. but it won't be super easy, either.

And we all have our numbers now! Since we didn't submit times, we were all randomly placed in groups. I was in T, Laina in X, and Andy in Y.. Y being the very last time group. So since we're all running together, we're starting in the last group, haha. Darn you and your luck, Andy! The actual race starts at 7:30, but we won't be crossing the starting line until after 9.. over an hour after the first runner crosses the finish line! Crazy.

I write too much. Lainaaa, your turn! Happy running, all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment